**ANZAC Biscuits - A Timeless Tribute to Courage and Flavor**
As you savor these delectable biscuits, take a moment to appreciate the history and spirit they embody. Share them with friends and loved ones, and celebrate the enduring tradition of ANZAC biscuits that continues to unite hearts and homes. Whether it's ANZAC Day or any day, these biscuits are a warm reminder of resilience and the power of sweet simplicity. So, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, and indulge in the timeless charm of ANZAC biscuits.
The beauty of ANZAC biscuits lies in their straightforward yet harmonious blend of ingredients. For this classic recipe, you will need:
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (150g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (65g) desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted cultured butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup (or substitute with maple syrup or honey)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, flour, sugar, and desiccated coconut. Stir gently to blend the dry ingredients thoroughly.
3. In a small saucepan, melt the unsalted butter and golden syrup over low heat until smooth and well combined.
4. In a separate small bowl, dissolve the baking soda in boiling water, and then add it to the butter mixture. Watch as it froths up, creating a light and airy texture.
5. Carefully pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
6. Take a tablespoonful of the dough and roll it into a ball with your hands. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between each to allow for spreading.
7. Using the back of a spoon or your fingertips, lightly flatten each dough ball to your desired thickness. This will determine the crunchiness of your biscuits.
8. Slide the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the biscuits turn golden brown.
9. Once baked to perfection, remove the biscuits from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.